Cholesterol Tests and Symptoms
By Jennifer Moll, About.com Guide
High Cholesterol Symptoms and Risk Factors
Despite the potentially deadly problems associated with high cholesterol, many people don't know that they have or should be concerned about high cholesterol until they've been tested. Knowing your risk factors, as well as your cholesterol numbers, will help you protect yourself from heart disease in the future.
- Are There Symptoms of High Cholesterol?
- High Cholesterol Risk Factors
- What Causes High Cholesterol?
- Common Myths About High Cholesterol
- Does Race or Ethnicity Impact Cholesterol Levels?
- Seasonal Changes and Your Cholesterol Levels
- Can Children Have High Cholesterol?
- Smoking and Your Cholesterol Levels
- The Effects Of Air Pollution On Your Cholesterol
- Which Health Conditions Can Cause High Cholesterol?
- Could Thyroid Problems Lead To High Cholesterol?
- The Dangers of High Cholesterol and Diabetes
- Clone of Recurrent Stress and Cholesterol
High cholesterol is diagnosed through a blood test. This test, otherwise known as a lipid panel, can be performed in your health care provider's office, at a health fair, or even at home. Once you know your numbers, you will be able to more clearly assess your risk for heart disease and devise a plan to get your cholesterol to a healthy level.
- Need To Know About Your Cholesterol? Take a Cholesterol Test
- What Is A Lipid Panel?
- How Often Should I Get My Cholesterol Checked?
- How Early Should You Have Your Cholesterol Checked?
- How To Prepare For a Cholesterol Test
- Getting Your Cholesterol Checked: What to Expect
- Interpreting Your Cholesterol Results
- Home Cholesterol Tests
- The Scoop on Home Cholesterol Tests
- Which Cholesterol Tests Are Most Accurate?
- Cholesterol Home Tests - Who Really Needs Them?
- Are Health Fair Cholesterol Tests Accurate?
- Tips For an Accurate Cholesterol Screening at a Health Fair
- What Is The VAP Cholesterol Test?
- The Cholesterol Skin Test
- Should Your Child Be Tested for High Cholesterol?